Applications of electrical engineering can be found widely in the fields of aerospace, building, telecommunications, oil and gas, and chemical and defence. And corporate or public jobs are not the only way to join these industries. However, many entrepreneurship aspirants join top Electrical Engineering colleges in India, to establish a successful career in these industries.
Do you want to know what makes those entrepreneur aspirants choose electrical engineering and not another course? Well, to find out the reasons, keep reading this blog.
|Table Of Contents
1. Electrical Engineering- Course Overview
2. Why Electrical Engineering is a great career choice for Budding Entrepreneurs
3. How Arya College can help you instil entrepreneurship abilities through Engineering programs?
4. Final Words
5. Frequently Asked Questions
Electrical Engineering- Course Overview
Electrical engineering is the area of engineering that focuses on the study of electrical, electronic, and electromagnetic applications. A skilled electrical engineer offers a variety of career options, including working with computers, mobile phones, electronic devices, navigation systems, radars, power plants, etc.
Let’s check out the key highlights of electrical engineering courses offered by the best b tech colleges in Jaipur-
|Course Duration||4 years|
|Minimum eligibility criteria||● Candidates must have passed class 12th with a science stream from an accredited board of education.
● Candidates should have scored a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in class 12th.
|Availability of seats||120|
|Job opportunities||● Communication Engineer
● Biomedical Engineer
● Computer Hardware Engineer
● Network Engineer
● Research & Development Engineer
● Power Engineer
● Control Engineer
● Renewable Energy Engineer
Why Electrical Engineering is a great career choice for Budding Entrepreneurs
Below mentioned are the reasons why students who aspire to become entrepreneurs take admission into an electrical engineering course at one of the top private colleges in Jaipur.
1. Electrical Engineers possess great technological understanding- Technical expertise is becoming a requirement in the majority of industries as the world moves quickly towards a more technologically advanced (present and) future. Businesses have also improved technologically, and engineers have an advantage because of their technical expertise in being better businesspeople! This is one of the factors that makes engineers excellent businesspeople.
2. Problem solver- private colleges for BTech in India, trains their electrical engineering students to think logically and to bring out optimum solutions to a technological problem. This is the way the engineering sector offers consumers value. It serves as the cornerstone of a successful enterprise.
3. Engineering courses help in building entrepreneurial skills- Top electrical engineering colleges in India develop a natural aptitude for invention among students, which makes them more likely to succeed in business. Also, during their engineering course, they work on various projects which helps them become great team players and leaders. Additionally, they are resourceful, have a good work ethic, and recognise the value of developing new abilities.
4. Engineers are skilled at seizing available opportunities- Electrical Engineers from electrical engineering colleges in India are good at spotting opportunities and knowing how to take advantage of them. They learn in a highly competitive environment that equips them with the skills necessary to recognise opportunities and seize them, maximising their potential for success.
5. Engineers are voracious learners- Engineers of electrical engineering colleges in India have a strong desire for information and are open to learning new things, which is one of the reasons why they make excellent entrepreneurs. The reason they excel at what they do is because they pursue deeper knowledge.
6. Wider career Option- Engineers who graduated from electrical engineering colleges in India deal with power transmission and generation. As an electrical engineering entrepreneur, you can indulge in the manufacturing, maintenance, repairing, or recycling of electrical products & devices. Additionally, you can set up research & development facilities, energy efficiency & green consulting, and can offer education services.
You can set up your business firm in these areas-
- Setting up solar power generation equipment
- Green Consulting business
- Electronic toy production
- Electrical tools manufacturing business
- Writing & editing Electrical engineering textbooks
- Producing electrical control panels
- Producing LED lights
- Recycling electronic products
- Industrial Machinery Maintenance
- Teaching & Tutoring
- Managing the supply chain for electronics components and products.
How Arya College can help you instil entrepreneurship abilities through Engineering programs?
- This college is renowned as one of the top private engineering colleges in India.
- To practically learn the concepts of electrical engineering, and learn management & technical skills the college allows 60 days of mandatory internship during the 6th semester to the students.
- The college motivates students to bring innovative solutions to existing problems.
- To instill entrepreneurship skills among students Arya College assigns various projects and organises workshops and seminars for the students.
Therefore, studying at electrical engineering colleges in India helps you in identifying entrepreneurial opportunities that will improve society and bring value to it. And also help you set up a successful entrepreneurship firm in the future.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why do engineers make great entrepreneurs?
Engineers are rational, adaptive to changes, problem solvers, and innovators. And these skills help them become great entrepreneurs.
2. What do electrical engineers do?
Electrical engineers create, test, and oversee the production of electrical equipment, including electric motors, communications systems, radar and navigation systems, and equipment for power generation.
3. Can an electrical engineer become an entrepreneur?
Yes, electrical engineers can become successful entrepreneurs if they have a passion for establishing their startup and possess a deep understanding and knowledge about electronic equipment and devices. They can successfully run a manufacturing, maintenance, or repair shop/factory.
4. How can engineers maximize their entrepreneurship potential in college days?
Electrical Engineers should actively participate in the assigned projects, to brush up on their interpersonal, team-building, and leadership skills. Also, you can start developing a network with your peer group and the corporate leaders with whom you’ll interact, develop communication skills, technological skills, etc. These practices will help you maximize your entrepreneurship potential during your college days.
5. How can you start your electrical business?
To start an electrical business-
- You must obtain the necessary BTech or MTech degree in electrical engineering and get a state licence.
- Arrange funds to launch your business.
- Set up: A business licence, registration, and insurance for your business venture.
- Organise your company’s accounting.
- Purchase electrical equipment and educate yourself on how much electrical work costs.
- Employ staff electricians to expand your business.